| A full fun day for all! |
New Year's Day a wonderful day full of surprises and fun for all. Unfortunately I only took a few pictures, not because we were real busy but more because I was visiting with people and a little tired. I promise to post more pictures of the store soon. The shelf of Vintage hats is so pretty in the little tea room I created. My husband insisted that the old kitchen table and chairs stay at the farm house until after Christmas. Many nicks and crannies to continue to decorate and fill. I've really appreciated friends suggestions making everything come together better.
A few notable happenings, the first a little miracle in God's store. Friday as I was shaking the last rug, sweeping and emptying trash bags, I noticed something scratchy on my ring finger. When I looked down I about came unglued...my diamond was missing! To make a long story short (you don't want to hear about the crying...) I asked for the intercession of St. Anthony 'Patron Saint of lost items' to help me. His help came quickly...five minutes later I found...let me rephrase that ' I FOUND MY DIAMOND!!!' on the carpet by the back door where I was cleaning. I'm so thrilled...off to the jewelry store this week for a repair. I've worn my ring for 37+ years...it's not surprising it would need an update...it's been w/o a check up or professional cleaning for15, 20, 25, OK...30 years.
A few notable happenings, the first a little miracle in God's store. Friday as I was shaking the last rug, sweeping and emptying trash bags, I noticed something scratchy on my ring finger. When I looked down I about came unglued...my diamond was missing! To make a long story short (you don't want to hear about the crying...) I asked for the intercession of St. Anthony 'Patron Saint of lost items' to help me. His help came quickly...five minutes later I found...let me rephrase that ' I FOUND MY DIAMOND!!!' on the carpet by the back door where I was cleaning. I'm so thrilled...off to the jewelry store this week for a repair. I've worn my ring for 37+ years...it's not surprising it would need an update...it's been w/o a check up or professional cleaning for
Some of the fun at our opening was tossing a bunch of pennies all over the sidewalk and grass outside the front door of the store, 3 pennies with happy faces were hid though out the store with more pennies from Heaven. If you found one with a happy face...you won a chocolate candy bar and a 2011 calendar about chocolate. I didn't get to it, I was going to write a note and tie on the candy bar 'Money talks but chocolate sings'. :-) Making Christmas card boxes with some little ones was fun. If you do this...a little cutting board is your best friend! Visiting with family and friends in the little tea room, drinking frosty eggnog, tea, coffee and having refreshments was delightful (one of my friends brought all sorts of goodies)! I was able to gift my friend with the 'Saint Therese' big framed puzzle right off the wall by my desk. It has been waiting for her. Very unique.. and you guessed it...her favorite Saint.
God really blessed us with a great day and we sure appreciate all of our friends and family who braved the fidget cold weather to come! Our guest book & glass purse with names inside for a prize drawing looks pretty full. Please come see us. I will post the Saturday dates we'll be open soon.
Today, January 3rd celebrates 'The Most Holy Name of Jesus'. I'll take this opportunity to share that there is power in the name of Jesus with a prayer as simple as 'Please help me Jesus'. He wants us to call on Him when we need help.

Finding the diamond was truly a miracle. Hooray!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the store.
Yes...I still can't believe I found that diamond! Thank you for your Hooray!
ReplyDeleteI'm catching my breath. So much to do...however I'm going to do my best not to become anxious and just enjoy this venture. I have two wonderful sisters w/o internet who live in different states...busy running little posts to keep them updated. They are so happy for us to live this little dream and on a shoe string budget at that. I'm learning that being creative with the resources available are turning out very intesting. In other words...dreams can be affordable.
God bless you Parsley!